Saturday, March 17, 2007

More me talking about me

Just wanted to mention, while I'm procrastinating on the U of C's waitlist essay, that the show at the Charleston last weekend was SO damn fun. And for those who couldn't make it, there's a clip on YouTube.

Bonus entry: Rebecca Traister writes about trying to quit smoking. I know this makes me a jerk, but I'm still not done hating on Rebecca Traister. She seems to have, like, a decent vocabulary & some skill at stringing sentences together in a logical way & all that, but some of her broader conclusions about modern culture are just...sigh...delightfully idiotic? My problematic fixation on Salon Life rages on...I will now threaten you all with the promise of a future "Best of Traister" post...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

One vote for the Best Of entry. I don't know this writer, and from the smoking story she seems to be just a little dull and not much else. I would love to see her in gooftastic action.

7:05 PM  
Blogger ddm said...

liz, is it too late to post an entry? Because it might be, all things considered. And yet... and yet it's clear what you want. So go for that brass ring. You have my promise that I won't try to grab it in the meantime.

12:47 AM  
Blogger ddm said...

oh, b/c your brass ring is totally what counts. Sorry -- meant to include that with last the post.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home